The Best Ford Mustang Car Bulbs
What main light and fog light bulbs do I need for my Ford Mustang? We have gathered all the detailed information about the types and sockets of bulbs for Ford Mustang in this review.
Ford Mustang Light Bulb Guide
How To Choose Headlight Bulb for Ford Mustang?
The most popular bulbs used in lighting your Ford Mustang are halogen bulbs, HID xenon, and LED bulbs. Different generation Ford Mustang models will have their own bulb size.
The Ford manufacturer recommends replacing Ford Mustang bulbs every few years, as their efficiency will deteriorate by several percent over time. There are several types of bulbs used in the Ford Mustang. Which Ford Mustang headlight bulbs to use, we have described in this review.
Ford Mustang Bulb Size
Ford Mustang HID (2015 – onwards)
- Dipped Beam (Headlight) – D3S
- Front Fog Lamp H11
Ford Mustang HID (2005 – 2014)
- Dipped Beam (Headlight) – D3R
- Front Fog Lamp H11
- Side/Parking Lamp W5W (501)
Ford Mustang Headlight Bulbs (Low Beam / Dipped Beam)
Ford Mustang HID (2015 – onwards): D3S Bulbs
Ford Mustang HID (2005 – 2014): D3S Bulbs
Best D3S Fog Light Bulbs:
- PHILIPS D3S HID Xenon Bulb
- Philips D2S HID Headlight Bulb
- OSRAM D3S Headlight Bulbs
- Torchbeam D3S HID Xenon
- BEAMTECH D3S HID Bulbs
- SYLVANIA D3S zXe High
- VehiCode D3S LED Headlight
- DZG D1S Led Headlight Bulb
- Mega Racer D3C/D3R/D3S HID
Ford Mustang Fog Lamp Bulb
Ford Mustang HID (2015 – onwards): H11 Fog Lamp Bulb
Ford Mustang HID (2005 – 2014): H11 Fog Lamp Bulb
Best H11 Headlight Bulbs:
- Cougar Motor H11 LED Bulbs
- HIKARI H11/H8/H9 LED bulbs
- Alla Lighting H11 H8 LED Bulbs
- SEALIGHT 9005/HB3 H8/H11 LED Headlight Bulbs
- SEALIGHT Scoparc S1 H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs
- AUXITO H8/H9/H11 LED Headlight Bulbs
- BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb
- Philips H11 Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb
Xenon lamps do not use in fog lights: constantly changing the configuration of the discharge violates the strictly calculated geometry of the light beam, and the headlight does not perform its direct function. For fog lights it is better to use only LED bulbs.
Ford Mustang Side/Parking Lamp
Ford Mustang HID Sidelight (2005 – 2014) : W5W (501)
Ford Mustang Daytime Running Light Kits
Ford Mustang Dipped Beam (Headlight): LED kit
Replacement LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL):
- Philips Daylight 9 DRL Kit
- OSRAM LEDriving PX-5 DRL Kit
- HELLA LED Slim Daytime Running Light Kit
- OSRAM LEDriving LG DRL Kit
- OSRAM LEDriving F1 Fog Kit
- Stop/Tail Lamp – P21W (382)
- Rear Fog Lamp – P21W (382)
- Reversing Lamp – P21W (382)
- Front Indicator – PY21W (581)
- Rear Indicator – PY21W (581)
All our reviews bulbs are based only on expert assessments or practical experience with most of the lamps we consider. We always aim to ensure that our management is maximum independent.
Ford Mustang Generations
Ford Mustang 4 Generation (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
At a glance, the 2015 Mustang may have looked like an update of the 2014 model, but in reality, it was an all-new car featuring an independent rear suspension. For the first time since the 1986 SVO version, the Mustang was available with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine good for a surprising 310 horsepower. A rework for 2018 featured updated styling, a stronger V-8 and turbo four-cylinder engines (the previous base V-6 engine was dropped), and a new 10-speed automatic transmission.
Ford Mustang 3 Generation (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
The 2005 Mustang wore eye-catching styling inside and out that deftly recalled the classic Mustangs of the 1960s. During this car’s run, it saw competition heat up with the reintroduction of its classic pony car rivals in the form of the 2008 Dodge Challenger and 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. Mustang evolution progressed steadily during this generation; highlights included the 500-hp supercharged Shelby GT500, a new 5.0-liter V-8 for the 2011 GT, and the racetrack-ready 2012 Boss 302.