Daytime Running Light Kits
The use of Daytime Running Lights helps to increase safety for the driver and to be visible on the road. DRLs also enhance the design of your vehicle and make it stand out from other vehicles.
Best Daytime Running Lights (DRL):
Philips Daylight 9 DRL Kit
- 6000 Kelvin
- Voltage 12V
- H24 x W125 x D31 mm
OSRAM LEDriving PX-5 DRL Kit
- 5200 Kelvin
- Voltage 12V
- 3.94 x 5.91 x 4.72 inches
HELLA LED Slim Daytime Running Light Kit
- Voltage 12V
- 1.1 inch high x 8.6 inch
OSRAM LEDriving LG DRL Kit
- 6 000 K
- Voltage 12 Volts
- Wattage 15 watts
- 9.84 x 9.84 x 7.87 inches
Replacement LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL):
- Philips Daylight 9 DRL Kit
- OSRAM LEDriving PX-5 DRL Kit
- HELLA LED Slim Daytime Running Light Kit
- OSRAM LEDriving LG DRL Kit
- OSRAM LEDriving F1 Fog Kit
- SS VISION Car Headlight Surface LED Strip Tube Light
- Rayhoo Xenon Slim COB LED DRL
- LEADTOPS Daytime Running Lights LED
- YIJINSHENG LED High Power LED Daytime Running Lights Driving Lamp
- Xprite White Truck Pickup Bed Light Kits
LED Daytime Running/Driving Lights
The daytime running lights (DRLs) are lighting device that is fitted to the outside of the vehicle. These sidelights are designed to improve the visibility of vehicles traveling during daylight hours.
Not all car owners who own a vehicle have the necessary DRLs installed. In those that do not, they have to purchase them or use dipped-beam headlamps, high beam headlamps, etc.
There are a number of disadvantages regarding constantly on dipped beam headlights including:
- the use of dipped-beam headlamps is reduced;
- unforeseen costs for replacing defective headlamps if they are used continuously;
When dipped beam headlights are switched on, automatic activation of parking lights in some car models and the illumination of the instrument panel takes place. In combination, additional electricity is consumed and this can subsequently cause malfunctions in the vehicle.
High-beam headlamps cannot, a priori, be used instead of daytime running lights. The direction and intensity of illumination will impede safe oncoming traffic.
It must be understood that only daytime running lights can replace the DRLs, which can be purchased inexpensively.
By using the DRL system, which has long been tested abroad, drivers receive a number of advantages. Such DRLs are equipped with LEDs, which helps to reduce electricity consumption. Also, they are installed in such a way that they start working when the engine is started or are controlled manually. Another special feature is the dipped beam function, which reduces the brightness of the headlights by 50%.
What are the advantages for the driver? With daytime running lights, the benefits are as follows:
- low power consumption;
- low power consumption compared to standard headlamps;
- no need for manual operation;
- they do not dazzle vehicles in the oncoming traffic lane;
- they increase the size of the ring of light.
To summarise, it is safe to say that the purchase of daytime running lights makes a lot of sense. LED daytime running lights price which are affordable to every car owner, consume much less energy, and last much longer than halogen headlights. When installing should choose the right place to place the daytime running lights, this will not force traffic inspectors to stop and greatly increase visibility.
Installed daytime running lights will primarily help to ensure the safety of drivers and pedestrians.
Types of daytime running lights
Daytime running lights are independent devices and can be universal or conventional.
Universal daytime running lights are devices that are fitted to all vehicles. They are selected by design, shape, and so on. These devices ensure durability, bright light, and visibility of the vehicle on the road. Universal lights comprise a housing in which a varying number of LEDs are installed and a control unit which also controls their operation.
The original daytime running lights are devices that are sold in shops as replacements for devices that are already installed. They offer high brightness, long service life and are individually adapted to the make and model of the vehicle. Such daytime running lights can be purchased to replace those that have failed and are manufactured mainly by the Silverstar company.
Universal daytime running lights are more popular than the original equipment since these are the only lights that can be fitted on any vehicle. Universal lights do not need to be matched individually to the vehicle, which is their advantage.
The Best Makers of Traffic Lights
In order to avoid getting fined and obey all traffic rules, as well as use a quality product with an efficient system to work, you need to choose only the best manufacturers of the lights.
We recommend that you choose lights from companies such as Philips, Osram, and Hella. These companies not only guarantee the high quality of their own products, but their daytime running lights meet all the rules, standards, and quality regulations. Therefore, you can safely use this equipment and do not think about possible problems with the law.
Daytime Running Lights Philips
Philips is a renowned company which is engaged in the production of electronics, a variety of equipment, as well as lighting solutions, including for cars. Philips has long been on the world market and has a good reputation because all products manufactured under this name meet high standards of quality, reliability, and efficiency.
The company produces equipment for the headlights of cars, all kinds of electronics, as well as – daytime running lights of high quality. To date, the most popular models of these devices are Philips DayLight 9, Philips DayLightGuide, Philips DayLight 4, Philips DayLight 8, and Philips DayLight 5.
Similar equipment is used in cars as an upgrade. Philips DayLight modules are installed on the bumper of cars, regardless of the make and model of the vehicle. The only considerations are the vehicle design, construction, and where the equipment is to be installed.
Philips DayLight 9
The daylight model refers to a novelty released a few years ago. This unit turns on and off automatically with the car engine on/off. The device serves as a daylight instrument for cars, turning it off or reducing the brightness of the light when the low beam/low beam mode is on.
A bright, high-quality device that makes your car clearly visible and works automatically. Its functions include switching lights off or dimming at night when you switch on low beam or low beam lights. All this is possible with a special wiring scheme of the device.
Philips DayLight 4
The bright, roadworthy modules. The devices are characterized by automatic operation, allowing the vehicle to be seen on the road. They can be used as parking lights, with a special connection scheme. It should be noted that when darkness falls when you turn on the dipped beam, the modules go out. The unit can also be dimmed so that it dims when lights/low beams are switched on.
Philips DayLight 8
The device is characterized by automatic switching on and off when the vehicle’s engine is switched on/off. With a special connection to the vehicle harness, the unit can also be used as a parking light. The product features an automatic brightness switch-off/reducer when darkness falls, i.e. when low beam mode is activated.
Philips DayLight 5
Bright, saturated, effective daytime running lights that make your car stand out on the road. The unit provides automatic activation when the engine is on, and vice versa. When darkness falls, when low beam or clearance lamps are switched on, the LEDs switch off or dim, depending on their connection.
Daytime running lights designed and produced by Philips offer the following benefits:
- Low energy consumption of the vehicle.
- High-quality modules – they have increased protection against moisture and dust ingress, are impact resistant and are not subject to mechanical damage.
- They have a high luminous intensity which guarantees a better visibility of the vehicle on the road.
- They switch on and off automatically when the vehicle engine is running, so you won’t forget this exterior lighting feature.
- Fully compliant with UNECE regulations and quality standards, and therefore approved for use on all roads in Europe.
- The function of the devices includes switching off or dimming by 50% when parking lights or dipped beam are switched on.
All daytime running lights produced by the company undergo thorough quality and performance testing before they go on sale. This confirms the low failure rate of the devices, their durability as well as their stable function.
Daytime Running Lights Osram
Osram is a well-known company that is engaged in the production of lighting equipment, including for cars. The company develops high-quality lights, which before entering the global market are tested in several stages. This company develops various lighting products, which include daytime running lights to be installed on all vehicles. The main daytime running lights Osram popular to date: Osram LedRiving 101, Osram LedRiving 301, Osram LedRiving 401, Osram Led LightDay 101.
- Osram LedRiving 101: 6000 K – crystal white light. 7-10W 5000 hours.
- Osram LedRiving 301: 5200-6000 K – snow-white light. 6W 5000 hours
- Osram LedRiving 401: 6000 K – white light with slight bluish tint. 8-10 W 10000 hours
- Osram Led LightDay 101: 6000 K – perfectly white and brilliant light. 8 W 5000 hours
Features of Osram daytime running lights:
- High luminous flux within the permissible limits.
- Provides expressiveness of the vehicle on the road during daylight hours.
- They have minimum vehicle energy consumption during operation.
- They switch on and off automatically when the car engine is switched on/off.
- Can function as parking lights with a special connection.
- The lights are switched off or reduced in brightness when the parking lights or low beams are switched on or connected in a special mode.
- They have a service life of 5,000 to 10,000 hours and can be used for years.
Daytime Running Lights Hella
Hella is a well-known manufacturer of automotive lighting solutions. The company develops high quality daytime running lights, the appearance of which has a distinctive style. All the devices are thoroughly tested before they go on sale, which guarantees their effectiveness and indicates a low percentage of defects.
Hella LEDayFlex 5
- Consists of 5 individual LED lamps mounted in a housing, which are connected by a flexible wire.
- Colour temperature 5000-6000 K – snow-white light.
Hella LEDayFlex 6
- Made up of 6 LED light bulbs interconnected with a flexible wire.
- Colour temperature: 5000-6000K – crystal white light.
Hella LEDayFlex 7.
- The module consists of 7 separated bulbs, which are connected to each other with flexible cables.
- Colour temperature: 5000-6000 K – producing pure white light.
Hella LEDayFlex 8
- The unit is made of 8 separate LEDs, linked together with elastic wire.
- Colour temperature: 5000-6000 K – gives a snow-white stream of light.
- Two modules of 5 LED lamps.
- Colour temperature: 5000-6000 K – pure, crystal white light.
Daytime running lights features from Hella:
- Automatic on and off.
Possible to work in daytime running lights mode and at night in parking light mode with variable power consumption.
The Hella LEDayFlex range of daytime running lights consists of individual LEDs in a housing, which are linked together by a flexible wire. This allows the lights to be placed anywhere in the vehicle and creates an interesting, unusual shape.
They give a snow-white, high-brightness light which guarantees clear visibility of the vehicle on the road.
They have a lifespan of at least 10,000 hours, so you can use them for about 10 years.
What to look for when selecting headlamps?
Before you buy daytime running lights, you need to know what you should pay attention to first.
- Decide on the mounting location of such lights before choosing their design and shape.
- Select daylight modules in style and design from the popular manufacturers shown above.
- Check compliance with quality standards and regulations. Product certificates must be provided.
- Make sure that the package includes a control unit that enables automatic operation.
- Lastly, pay attention to the pricing policy of the devices offered.
Choose a daytime running lights, well-known companies, which are guaranteed to use on the roads in our country. Only such devices will ensure high visibility of the vehicle on the road, as well as stable operation for five or even ten years.
All our reviews bulbs are based only on expert assessments or practical experience with most of the lamps we consider. We always aim to ensure that our management is maximum independent.